This building was built in 1909 and served as a post office. It was reported that the one-story building was built by Nimrod Henry for the next post office. Cordia Henry Clifford became postmaster. A few years later it became a grocery store and remained to serve as a post office. There was a postal window and post office boxes at the counter in the rear of the grocery store. Louise and Lee Newell came to Niwot in the early 1920s. They advertised in a 1923 edition of the Niwot Tribune as “The Post Office Store”.
The building has been the post office, owned by several Niwotians as a grocery store, an equine store, yoga studio, holistic medical practice office among other shops.
The building is landmarked and is located in the Niwot Historic District.